How to Apply

The Leeds Rental Standard operates through Unipol, the RLA and the NLA. Landlords who rent to students can apply for accreditation through Unipol Student Homes and landlords with non-students accommodation can apply through The RLA and NLA.


To become a member through Unipol a landlord must join their Code and agree to a set of voluntary standards and a sample of your properties will be verified to ensure you comply. A fee is payable depending on the amount of properties owned.

To become a member through the Residential Landlords Association, first you need to join the RLA then undertake and successfully complete the Principles of Lettings Course either online or classed based. Then Join RLASS and record your RLA membership and course completion through your online account.

Click here to Join the NLA