How to Apply

The Leeds Rental Standard operates through Unipol and the NRLA. Landlords who rent to students can apply for accreditation through Unipol Student Homes and landlords with non-students accommodation can apply through the NRLA.

To become a member through Unipol a landlord must join their Code and agree to a set of voluntary standards and a sample of your properties will be verified to ensure you comply. A fee is payable depending on the amount of properties owned.

To become a member through the National Residential Landlords Association, first you need to join the NRLA then undertake and successfully complete the core course for accreditation and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Scheme. Apply to become accredited through your NRLA membership and you can manage your cpd activities in that area of your account. Once you are accredited this information will be shared with the Leeds Rental Standard. you will then be issued with a membership number and be listed on the Leeds Rental Standard website as a member.